About me... My name is Megan Morgan and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama pursuing a double major in Mathematics and Secondary Education. Teaching has always been a passion to me; just to see that light bulb come on when a student finally understands what you were trying to teach them is one of the most rewarding aspects of teaching.
My Teaching Philosophy

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Creativity

Creativity can go a long way in a classroom. If a teacher would mix up their lectures with hands on activity or videos of that topic or any other way to mix up a lecture. When a teacher stands up infront of their class and does nothing but talk, this is a good way to make sure that your students are not going to listen. They need something to make them say, "hey, I might actually use this one day". This is the question that all teachers get "when am I ever going to use this". If you can focus your lecture to showing them how they can actually use what you are teaching them in their day to day lives, then they will be more willing to learn and listen to what you are saying. For example if you are learning about percentages, why not use a store setting so that they can see how to get a certain percentage off of clothes, groceries, or even video games?

No comments:

Post a Comment